We encourage you to utilise our website to address local issues that are important to you and those around you. Schull is home to numerous organisations and groups that are dedicated to improving the community. By working together, we can achieve much more with less effort.
The Community Council holds monthly meetings on the first Wednesday of each month at Schull Parish Hall. Individuals or groups are welcome to attend the first 15 minutes of the meeting to discuss local community issues. Please notify one of the members of the community council in advance if you plan to attend.
Explore the links on our website to find answers to any questions you may have.
The Schull & District Community Council is a group of elected members representing the Schull & District area. The council aims to coordinate and initiate projects that benefit the community. It also interacts with external organisations, such as government agencies, to seek advice and financial support for these projects.
- to enhance the social, cultural, and economic aspects of the community
- to represent the people of the Schull area
- to identify local community problems, interests, and viewpoints
- to create clear action plans
- to raise funds for community projects