Schull & District Community Council have undertaken an innovative initiative where unwanted clothing and textiles can now be recycled.
- The clothing bank is situated in a container behind the old boys’ national school.
- Bags of textiles unsuitable for resale may be left outside the container for collection and storage by members of the community council.
- The clothing will be sold to a company called “eco environmental”.
- Clothing suitable for resale as distinct from textiles for recycling should be brought to the Little Way charity shop.
- All profits made from the clothing bank will be used to fund community projects.
An environmentally friendly way to help your community
*This initiative runs with the co-operation of Nellie Cotter and the Little Way charity shop.