Dear Member Groups, (SDCC) We’ve been asked by the Department of Community and Rural Development to help them make sure that all our groups receive certain information notices from them during this current COVID-19 outbreak. Above is an extract of an email from corkcoco.ie which original source is Department of Heath ( heath.gov.ie). The following links are sourced from gov.ie and hse.ie . We hope these links are helpfull to you.
The National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) is leading our public health response to COVID-19 and a National Action Plan was published on 16th March, setting out a whole-of-society response and mobilisation of resources across Government and society to fight the spread of the virus. This Community Response Action Plan supports the National Action Plan and is focussed on our initial response in supporting a community response to COVID-19.
We have produced a Communications Pack for community and voluntary groups and members of the public and we would appreciate if you distribute this information across your networks, to members of your group, neighbours, friends and recipients of your service. This pack contains: (click on number to download document)
- 1 Department of Rural and Community Development – COVID-19 Government Action Plan to Support the Community Response
- 2 Information leaflet “You, Your Community and COVID-19” – We would ask that you distribute this across your communities, to individuals and in particular, those that do not have access or knowledge of digital platforms. Maybe include them as part of a meals on wheels drop.
- 3 How can I volunteer?
- 4 Sensible volunteering – Do’s and Don’ts
- 5 Advice for local community groups – how can we get volunteers?
- 6 Advice for vulnerable people who need supports
- 7 How to guard against fraud and generate trust
We remind you that the HSE website is the key source for health advice: www.hse.ie/coronavirus. It also includes posters and other resources that can be used in your community.
Our email helpdesk facility is available to assist you with advice or queries and is open 7 days a week – C&VSupports@drcd.gov.ie
We thank you for your assistance in spreading these important messages.
The Department of Rural and Community Development